Is your pet starting to scratch a lot? Do they seem bothered or irritated for unknown reasons? Chances are during this time of the year; your pet has...
Position: GRAIN AND FERTILIZER SUPERVISOR
Reports to: Grain and Fertilizer Manager / Operations Manager
Summary: Supervision of West Alexandria grain & fertilizer operations (including personnel and inventory).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Continuously follows the safety guidelines and safety programs established by Brubaker Grain.
- Leads grain and fertilizer assistants in creating a safe, productive, and efficient workplace.
- Supervises and coordinates both the dumping of inbound grain and loading of outbound grain.
- Schedules with Grain and Fertilizer Manager to ensure that there are personnel onsite during receiving and loading hours.
- Coordinates with Grain and Fertilizer Manager in the monitoring of grain quality and flow during dumping, drying, storage, blending and loading.
- Monitors traffic flow to keep wait times to a minimum for both customer and company trucks.
- Responsible for keeping dump pits, barns, and bins clean, neat and organized.
- Continuously monitors equipment, piping and structures for wear or unsafe conditions.
- Works with Grain and Fertilizer Manager on fertilizer mixing, delivery and application.
- Communicates and schedules with Maintenance Manager when maintenance or repairs required.
- Assists with maintenance when requested, but especially during down times.
- Assists in planting and harvesting as requested by Grain & Fertilizer Manager.
- Performs other activities as directed by the Grain and Fertilizer Manager or Operations Manager.
- Maintains customer’s positive impression of the facility and its employees.
- Exhibits leadership skills and ability to work with others as a team
Directly supervises the assigned employees at the West Alexandria location. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include assisting with the following: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED preferred; and 4 years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively and positively with customers or employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a basic knowledge of and ability to learn Database software; Internet software and Inventory software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
-Valid Driver’s license
-Class A CDL preferred
-Voluntary training in providing First Aid and CPR
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We are constantly adding new specials to our site. Be sure to check back often!